Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Day Before

I flew in the day before my interview and had a relaxing lunch. When I got back to the hotel, I planned my transportation for the next day-you don’t want to be late on interview day. I relaxed for a little bit and then decided to pull out some of the interview questions from Iserson’s. I sat in front of a mirror and answered some basic questions, ie why our school? Why did you go to the Carib? Why didn’t you reapply? How was the Caribbean? What do you have to give to our school? Why do you want to be a surgeon? What are you going to contribute to medicine? Why should I take you? What was your most memorable patient? Why medicine?
I had a video recorder on my phone and recorded myself to look for holes. Turned out those seemingly infinite pauses weren’t that bad.

At about 5pm, I stopped prepping and decided to relax. Grabbed some food…started preparing my clothes, etc. Try to relax and have everything in order. Plan tomorrow out, it will go by faster than you can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment