Saturday, January 31, 2009

After the Interview

To thank, or not to thank….. This varies depending on who you ask-some say that the decision was made immediately after the interview so it has not effect, others say that it is a matter of courtesy. I thanked my interviewers via email (this was where those business cards came in handy). Try to include something personal so they can remember you.

For example:
Dear Dr. Interviewer,

Good afternoon. I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you for interviewing me on _________ 2009. I appreciate that you took the time to discuss ...........you get the point....


Sincerely yours,
XXXXXXXX


It is up to you if you send one or not but keep it short and sweet!

Well, good luck to you. Feel free to post a comment if this has helped you. If you have any suggestions, please let me know!!

7 comments:

  1. im starting at st george's next month. thank you SO much for this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome. If you have any questions, feel free to post a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Applied for NEOUCOM Advanced transfer. Waiting to hear from them. Your Blog was very helpful. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for taking the time out to comment ER MD. I wish you the best of luck. If you wouldn't mind, please share some of your experiences during the transfer process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an awesome blog! thanks so much for taking the time to write all of this. i'm heading to newcastle, UK in august for SGU's Global scholar's program (do your 1st year there and then do your 2nd year in Grenada), but I'm definitely interested in transferring to the US. I didn't think it was possible, so i was really happy to stumble upon this. i'll be referencing it a lot next year (hope to transfer as 2nd year) so thanks again! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! CONGRATS ON YOUr AWESOME RESIDENCY!! I have been following your blog religiously. One thing I need to ask, it seemed like you applied in 3rd year (during clinicals and after usmle)... did you end up losing a year? Also, SGU USMLE seems later than when transfer applications are due. So how do people apply in their 2nd year, to transfer into 3rd year US med school? Is that only possible for Jaunary entrants to Carribean?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Foodie- thank you for your comment. Best of luck.

    Nadal- I applied during my clinical years so yes, I did lose 1 yr. It is possible to apply for transfer during your MS2 before taking step 1- you just need to update your application with the results as soon as you receive them. In short, it is possible for both classes to apply for MS3 seats during MS2.

    I hope that answers your question.

    ReplyDelete